About the company:
Chimera Entertainment is a creative and independent development studio for digital entertainment software in the heart of the beautiful city of Munich. In addition to developing our own IPs, we implement work for hire, from conception to completion. Gameplay and creative imagination are always in the foreground, and we promote teamwork and talent. Thanks to more than 16 years of expertise in the field of mobile gaming and cross-platform development as well as our award-winning portfolio of top titles such as “Angry Birds Epic” and “Angry Birds Evolution”, we are one of Germany’s leading game developers.
As a successful and ambitious company since 2006, Chimera Entertainment is working on state-of-the-art projects with high-profile partners, which offers a dynamic, challenging, and ultimately rewarding experience. Our values and culture are defined by a healthy team spirit, a sustainable work environment, passion for games, and the collaborative ambition to strive for excellence in an ever-changing industry, where our development studio is constantly striving to reach the next level.
And with you, we want to expand our success within the coolest industry in the world.
As a Technical Artist (f/m/d) at Chimera Entertainment, you will create high-quality, visually appealing games within an experienced, international, and flexible team of about 80 people.
– Work within the Unity engine to create scenes, prefabs, animations, and visual effects
– Create high-quality user interfaces and work on animations and visual effects for user feedback
– Integrate art assets and provide them with the functionalities needed for the game
– Support our artists in creating the best possible assets and animations by improving our production pipelines, finding and creating useful tools, and helping them deal with technical requirements
– Be the bridge in our game development process between technology, game design, and the visual goals of the project
Who are we looking for:
– Experienced with Unity 2019
– Good knowledge of classical tools for asset production like Photoshop and 3ds Max
– You have a good sense of visual presentation and timing
– You have a good understanding of how game and rendering systems work
– Highly skilled in communication with team members
– Ability to work self-directed and reliably
– Highly motivated and flexible
– Passionate about video games and game development
– Good command of the written and spoken English language
The ideal candidate also has:
– Experience in working on user interfaces
– Experienced in creating keyframe animations in 3ds Max/Maya and Unity
– You can create visual effects, using animations and Unity’s Shuriken particle system
– Some knowledge in C# to create or help to create tools and support our programmers
– Understanding of shader programming
What we offer:
– A high talented & motivated Team
– Flat hierarchy in a friendly atmosphere in a flexible working environment
– A creative, casual and international workplace right in the heart of Munich
– Hybrid work possible
– Lunchbudget (up to 50 €/month)
– German language course compensation
– Company pension plan
– Public transport compensation (German Ticket, up to 49€/month)
– Professional health coaching with a Sports Scientist & Medical Training Therapist (OLAO HEALTH) – digital and live
– A well-stocked library with books, games, and games consoles
– Free coffee, drinks and fruits onsite
– Regular team & company events like a summer party, Oktoberfest, and Movie and Gaming Nights
– And a lot of fun 🙂
And one more fact we are proud of: Chimera Entertainment has announced the development of Songs of Silence, a new turn-based strategy game with real-time cinematic battles. Check it out!
We are looking forward to hearing from you 🙂 Apply here!