About the company:
Chimera Entertainment is a creative and independent development studio for digital entertainment software in the heart of the beautiful city of Munich. In addition to developing our own IPs, we implement work for hire, from conception to completion. Gameplay and creative imagination are always in the foreground, and we promote teamwork and talent. Thanks to more than 16 years of expertise in the field of mobile gaming and cross-platform development as well as our award-winning portfolio of top titles such as “Angry Birds Epic” and “Angry Birds Evolution”, we are one of Germany’s leading game developers.
As a successful and ambitious company since 2006, Chimera Entertainment is working on state-of-the-art projects with high-profile partners, which offers a dynamic, challenging, and ultimately rewarding experience. Our values and culture are defined by a healthy team spirit, a sustainable work environment, passion for games, and the collaborative ambition to strive for excellence in an ever-changing industry, where our development studio is constantly striving to reach the next level.
And with you, we want to expand our success within the coolest industry in the world.
As a Game Designer (f/m/d) at Chimera Entertainment, you will create high-quality, visually appealing games within an experienced, international and flexible team.
– Design and map out new features & content and adjust existing ones from high to detailed level
– Create and maintain design documentation, including design briefs, specifications, and prototypes.
– Balance and fine-tune game mechanics to ensure optimal player experience and engagement.
– Collaborate with other members of the development team to ensure game design is aligned with overall project goals and vision.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure game design aligns with technical and artistic constraints.
– Analyze game data and player feedback to optimize game design and user experience.
– Collaborate with the LiveOps team to plan, design and implement live events, game economy and promotions to improve retention, conversion and player engagement.
Who are we looking for:
– At least 3 years of experience in the field of Game Design
– Strong understanding of game mechanics, systems, and game balance.
– Good understanding of F2P mechanisms and concepts (eg. player conversion & retention)
– Excellent documentation and communication skills in English
– Ability to understand detailed requirements and translate them into design solutions
– Self-directed and reliable working style
The ideal candidate also has:
– Good understanding of the games industry in general
– Experience working with Unity
– Experience in both mobile and pc game development
– Experience with content and feature design for live games
What we offer:
– A high talented & motivated Team
– Flat hierarchy in a friendly atmosphere in a flexible working environment
– A creative, casual and international workplace right in the heart of Munich
– Hybrid work possible
– Lunchbudget (up to 50 €/month)
– German language course compensation
– Company pension plan
– Public transport compensation (German Ticket, up to 49€/month)
– Professional health coaching with a Sports Scientist & Medical Training Therapist (OLAO HEALTH) – digital and live
– A well-stocked library with books, games, and games consoles
– Free coffee, drinks and fruits onsite
– Regular team & company events like a summer party, Oktoberfest, and Movie and Gaming Nights
– And a lot of fun 🙂
And one more fact we are proud of: Chimera Entertainment has announced the development of Songs of Silence, a new turn-based strategy game with real-time cinematic battles. Check it out!
We are looking forward to hearing from you 🙂 Apply here!