HandyGames™ is part of the THQ Nordic and Embracer Group family and operates as an international developer of indie games.
Are you looking for a challenging job in an attractive work environment in the gaming industry? Do you want to use your creativity and artistic talent to create games that will be played by people all over the world? Then contribute to the success story of HandyGames™ and take the opportunity to work for one of Germany’s top game developers and publishers! We are looking for an Environment Artist (f/m/d) with creative ideas and good knowledge in the field of game development for our headquarters in Giebelstadt/Germany.
Please do not send packaged files (ZIP/RAR/etc.), Word/Excel documents (doc, docx, xlsx) or links. We will ONLY accept PDF files. Thank you.
For our current in-house game project, which is set in a science fiction world with a focus on story and combat, we are looking for an Environment Artist with a good sense of aesthetics, light and composition. Work closely with our art, design, and programming teams to breathe life into our game ideas.
Within the game project you will mainly work with the following programs:
- Unity 3D
- Creating stunning and atmospheric environments, gameplay levels, and cutscenes through creative and skillful placement and staging of game assets, lights, and effects
- Working closely with the game art and game design department, implementing entire level ideas using concept art and game assets designed to support gameplay and storytelling at the same time
- Optimizing lighting and assets through technical know-how to get the most out of both the look and game performance
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Practical experience in the games or entertainment industry is desirable
- You are passionate about visual storytelling and the necessary knowledge and flair for color, light, mood and composition to create an exciting and believable world
- You have experience with Unity and/or the Unreal Engine and, perhaps have already gained first insights into the Unity High Definition Render Pipeline
- Nice to have: Experience in 3D programs such as Blender, 3ds Max or similar programs, experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Nice to have: You have an excellent knowledge of light maps, baked, realtime lighting and other lighting-specific tools and techniques
- Ideally, you have theoretical knowledge from the film and animation industry about lighting, camera, dramaturgy and staging
- You impress with self-motivation, sense of responsibility, a clean and team-oriented way of working
- You have a very good command of written and spoken English
HANDYGAMES™ OFFERS YOU
- 40 hours per week thanks to Scrum
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of paid vacation
- A short and quick decision-making process due to flat hierarchies
- The opportunity to work with a team of experienced professionals
- Modern workplaces with state-of-the-art technology
- Opportunities for further training
- We support our foreign language employees with offered language courses in German
- Amazing colleagues
- In-house gym
- Company apartment on request
- EV charging station
- Free drinks, snacks, and fruit
- …and much more