Start date: immediately
Who we are:
Deck13 Interactive GmbH, founded in 2001, is one of the leading game developers in Germany in the heart of Frankfurt. Since 2020, we are the spearhead of Focus Entertainment’s first-party development studios and in 2021 we ventured into the Canadian market by establishing our Deck 13 Montreal studio.
We have over 85 talented employees from more than 15 nations developing world class action RPG games. These include major releases such as Lords of the Fallen and The Surge and our soon to be released Atlas Fallen which have also helped us make a name for ourselves in the international market.
To continue our success story, we are now looking for you to join our team as our new Lead Technical Designer (m/f/d).
- Driving the overarching technical architecture of Game Design systems, features and generic script logics, and overseeing technical workflows and guidelines
- Collecting engine user feedback and requests from the Game Design department and planning improvement strategies in cooperation with the Programming and Production teams
- Collaborating with the Programming and Production teams on the development of game-design-related tools, functionalities and workflows. Acting as representative for the Game Design team and an advocate for user experience and accessibility
- Managing and mentoring the Technical Design team, as well as nurturing team cohesion, a positive work environment and a constructive collaboration with other departments
- Ensuring the proper communication and documentation of the Game Design department’s technical workflows and tools, and the creation of related onboarding resources
- 2+ games shipped and 5+ years of professional experience in the field of game design and/or programming, with an emphasis on systems architecture and implementation work
- Solid knowledge of programming standards and best practices (design patterns, etc.)
- Experience in a leadership role is a strong plus
- Good knowledge of user experience and tools development is a strong plus
What you can expect from us:
We want to put our employees at the core of everything we do. This means creating the conditions that allow our employees to feel understood and valued while also being empowered and supported to do exceptional work in service of creating the best games.
To achieve this, we offer:
- Great, modern office in the heart of Frankfurt (close to Grüneburgweg)
- Free language courses
- Free access to a mental health platform
- Career growth and development with a yearly learning & development budget
- Remote Work within Germany + 30 days remote work abroad per year
- 28 days of paid vacation plus 24th and 31st of December free
- Monthly remote work & gym allowance
- Participation in our bonus system after the first shipped project
To apply for this job please visit deck13jobs.kenjo.io.