Start date: immediately
Who we are:
Deck13 Interactive GmbH, founded in 2001, is one of the leading game developers in Germany in the heart of Frankfurt. Since 2020, we are the spearhead of Focus Entertainment’s first-party development studios and in 2021 we ventured into the Canadian market by establishing our Deck 13 Montreal studio.
We have over 85 talented employees from more than 15 nations developing world class action RPG games. These include major releases such as Lords of the Fallen and The Surge and our soon to be released Atlas Fallen which have also helped us make a name for ourselves in the international market.
To continue our success story, we are now looking for you to join our team as our new Lead Combat Designer (m/f/d).
- Driving the combat experience and challenges from the enemy design and AI perspective, alongside with the Game Design Director and senior team members.
- Managing and mentoring the combat design team, as well as nurturing team cohesion and a positive work environment.
- Supervising the development of combat features and their production dependencies from early design to final polish, guaranteeing the highest quality within production deadlines.
- Defining short and mid-term plannings in accordance with Producers and the Game Design Director.
- Ensuring the communication and the proper documentation of combat features.
- 2+ games shipped and 5+ years of professional experience in the field of game design, with an emphasis on driving combat experiences from conception to final polish.
- Working knowledge of professional game development editors and visual scripting.
- Experience in a leadership role is a strong plus.
- Experience with designing combat A.I. behaviours.
- Good knowledge of user experience is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
We want to put our employees at the core of everything we do. This means creating the conditions that allow our employees to feel understood and valued while also being empowered and supported to do exceptional work in service of creating the best games.
To achieve this, we offer:
- Career growth and development with a yearly learning & development budget
- Great, modern office in the heart of Frankfurt (close to Grüneburgweg)
- Free language courses
- Free access to a mental health platform
- Remote Work within Germany + 30 days of remote work from abroad
- 28 days of paid vacation plus 24th and 31st of December free
- Monthly remote work & gym allowance
- Participation in our bonus system after the first shipped project
To apply for this job please visit deck13jobs.kenjo.io.