As a seasoned Game Developer with physics experience, you will enhance, enrich and improve the user experience for millions of players across the globe. You will work on our classic IP games, improving them with regular updates while working closely together with the rest of the Paladin team.
- Work with a close knit team to help our live games entertain players for years to come
- Together with a cross discipline team you ensure that delivery goals are achieved
- Write quality and robust code that meets internal standards
- Support the design team in implementation of gameplay and physics-based features
- Support designers and artists with robust content creation tools
What we are looking for:
- Excellent C# programming skills
- Experience working physics games
- Experience with gameplay programming
- Experience working in existing code bases
- You have a knack for game feel, and know how to polish the gameplay experience
What could help:
- Experience with mobile development (Android/iOS)
- Great debugging and optimization skills
- Understanding of memory management in Unity
- Understanding of agile game development practices like Scrum & Kanban
- Experience with LiveOps development
- Excellent understanding of the technical and creative game design process
- Passion for making mechanics and systems feel good
- Strong Communicator: You speak the language of multiple disciplines and can easily translate ideas for others to understand
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions or implement those from someone else
- Initiative: Recognizing and creating opportunities
- Curiosity: Driven by problem solving and clearing the challenges ahead
- A strong passion for making games
- You are willing & able to work at our basecamp in The Hague when required
- You read, write and speak excellent English
- Able to work 32-40 hours per week
Are you qualified?
We have set this position up with the idea of hiring a medior or senior, but we would much rather read your application than miss out on a great candidate. So please apply if you are interested!
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in this together
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- Being part of a highly motivated and skilled team
- Positive, healthy work environment
- 25 days of vacation and 5 additional national holidays per year
- Coaching, training and other opportunities for personal development
- Competitive salary, a pension plan, bonus scheme, participation plan and other benefits
- Partial remote work and flexible hours
- Relocation support
At Paladin we have a career framework set up with levels and profiles per role. The salary ranges will differ per open position depending on the placement within the framework.
For this position we are open to discuss salary depending on the person and level of experience.
Our take on the post-Covid work situation
We value our team spirit, a healthy work life balance and company culture. This is why we adopted a hybrid structure that allows us to work from home and in the studio. We are currently coming to the office two days per week. In the future this might change, but we expect to stay hybrid. We are committed to a hybrid studio culture, so we are not offering fully remote jobs.
We will offer support during the relocation process.
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague. We are a team of 45+ knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Nailed It! Baking Bash – Calling all home bakers to join in this chaotic baking competition!
- Cut The Rope Remastered – A remaster of the legendary Cut the Rope puzzle game!
- Good Job! – Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!
To apply for this job please visit paladinstudios.bamboohr.com.