Klang is a game studio exploring the future of humanity through various forms of media. We aim to present deep, meaningful subjects in a way that’s captivating, easy-to-digest and entertaining for all ages.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
It’s a super exciting project, but in order for us to achieve a goal like this we are going to need a lot of help! From people just like you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Klang is looking for a Game Production Engineer (f/m/d) who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment to join us in one of the most exciting cities on the planet!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Increase developer productivity and quality of life through technological solutions (eg.: testing frameworks, authoring tools, asset delivery, version control, CI)
- Create technological tools, especially in Unity, to enable faster and better game content delivery
- Be part of an Agile software development team, working with partners in Engineering, Production, Design and Quality Assurance
- Provide input on the technical direction for an ambitious MMO project
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT
- You have 4+ years of experience working with the C# as a Software Engineer, or demonstrate the ability to learn it quickly based on previous engineering experience
- You have multiple years of experience working with the Unity ecosystem as Software Engineer
- You are able to work with and on software systems across multiple platforms – Windows, Linux, macOS, mobile platforms
- You are able to proactively communicate and collaborate with other teams and to identify inefficiencies
- You are motivated by enabling others in a large team to contribute efficiently
- You can communicate fluently in English inside and outside of your own domain
- You can demonstrate the ability to understand the complexity of a large and technologically advanced
- software project
- You worked on multiplayer networked games, ideally persistent ones
- You are a fan of large scale MMOs
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily – once we are back at the office
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
- If you don’t feel that you quite meet all the requirements above, but the position still excites you and you think you would love to work for Klang, reach out! We still want to hear from you.
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.
To apply for this job please visit boards.eu.greenhouse.io.