Klang is a game studio exploring the future of humanity through various forms of media. We aim to present deep, meaningful subjects in a way that’s captivating, easy-to-digest and entertaining for all ages.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
It’s a super exciting project, but in order for us to achieve a goal like this we are going to need a lot of help! From people just like you.
We are currently looking for a Product Owner Director to help steer the PO team and drive Product strategy for SEED.
This is an exciting chance to help us achieve our vision, to coach team players and guide our teams through the upcoming phases of our game development lifecycle. You would be in a key role, working to enable our product owners to make decisions that will affect the outcome of the product we are building.
You would take the leadership of our Product Ownership team, reporting directly to our Co-CEO/Executive Producer – Isabelle Henriques. You would be nurturing the team and helping to instill a high level of quality whilst transforming initiatives from the leadership team into actionable product plans.
So what will you be doing?
- Lead our Product Ownership team responsible for the vision of the entire game.
- Work closely with all other teams and directors to ensure a general understanding of our product vision and their individual roles in achieving it.
- Work with POs leading feature teams to determine priorities and scope adjustments.
- Identify and manage relationships with stakeholders and customers, communicating key strategic choices and their implications.
- Define the quality and key product metrics for all feature teams to drive through all phases of development.
- Work with the player research team to uphold the best target audience experience within the game.
- Understand competitive analysis on innovations and trends in gaming or related industries.
Who are we ideally looking for? (Requirements)
- Experience as Lead Producer/Game Director for a game
- Shipped at least one AAA game and participated in the process from Pre-Production to Launch.
- You are able to translate vision and product strategy into concrete goals, outcomes, and actionable work.
- You have strong conflict management skills and are able to lead and inspire the product ownership team.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills through all phases of development.
- MMO and/or Games as a Service (GaaS) experience.
- Sandbox, simulation game genre experience.
- If you don’t feel that you quite meet all the requirements above, but the position still excites you and you think you would love to work for Klang, reach out! We still want to hear from you.
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.
To apply for this job please visit boards.eu.greenhouse.io.