Klang is a game studio exploring the future of humanity through various forms of media. We aim to present deep, meaningful subjects in a way that’s captivating, easy-to-digest and entertaining for all ages.
At the heart of Klang is Seed, a large-scale, persistent virtual world that we believe will redefine the MMO landscape and have a positive impact on our species.
We aspire to bring people together through engaging media experiences and by building strong communities.
It’s a super exciting project, but in order for us to achieve a goal like this we are going to need a lot of help! From people just like you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
You would work alongside our Platform Engineers and Backend Engineers on providing a state-of-the-art, reliable and scalable platform for the other teams to build on. We need your expertise to enable us to make more data-informed decisions as a company!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Building, maintaining, and operating batch and streaming pipelines to ingest data into BigQuery from various sources: in-game tracking events, backend services, website analytics, advertising outlets, Discord servers, etc.
- Ensuring that the data we collect is valid, up-to-date, and available.
- Working closely with Data Analysts to make sure they have the necessary tools and data sets in place to produce valuable insights.
- Collaborating with Platform Engineers on establishing and evolving our data infrastructure practices in line with our broader cloud infrastructure strategy.
- Cooperate with software engineers across the organization to help them adopt best practices for integrating with our data pipelines.
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT
- Experience in building and operating data pipelines in a production environment.
- Knowledge with Google Cloud Platform’s data services or the willingness to learn based on experience with comparable cloud providers (AWS, Azure).
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Skilled in using Python for data engineering tasks, e.g. Apache Beam, dbt, Apache Airflow, etc.
- Up-to-date knowledge of data engineering technologies and practices.
Being a fan of large-scale MMOs.
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Our own cafeteria serving free lunches daily – once we are back at the office
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
If you don’t feel that you quite meet all the requirements above, but the position still excites you and you think you would love to work for Klang, reach out! We still want to hear from you.
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.
To apply for this job please visit boards.eu.greenhouse.io.