We are Vertigo Games, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world. As our Amsterdam studio is in full production of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform high-end VR action shooter based on a global franchise, and with plans to start the next project this year, we are looking to recruit a skilled Lead Designer who can aid us in our mission.
Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to steer implementation of engaging game features and systems for our groundbreaking VR games and experiences? Then we should meet!
- Support creative leadership in shaping a project vision and translates it into a design strategy.
- Manage the design team, setting goals and ensuring the work done meets the project vision.
- Collaborate across disciplines to make the development process as smooth as possible.
- Create high level briefs that inspire and encourage innovation in the team.
- Do hands on work that sets standards and inspires others to contribute to the studio’s success.
- You have worked in a Lead Designer role throughout the full dev cycle of a high-quality console/PC title, more than once.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
- You can demonstrate a track record of effective leadership working with high profile IP’s.
- You are highly skilled in many areas of design, from UX, AI, mechanics and systems to level and narrative, and you have the track record to prove it.
- You are skilled in Unreal Engine development and are unafraid to get hands on if needed.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- You have experience in a leadership role developing high quality VR games or experiences.
- You have a track record of fostering a team culture that promotes innovation and inclusion.
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance.
- A hybrid working model with two office days per week.
- Career coaching and a personal development budget.
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats.
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation.
- 26 standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more.
- Free train commuting to and from the office.
- Free pension plan.
- A healthy lunch in our canteen.
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam.
- Thursday afternoon drinks.
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home.
- Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for a desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs.
Vertigo Games is a multi-platform VR entertainment company with offices in Rotterdam & Amsterdam (NL) and Los Angeles, California (USA).
With experienced teams in the areas of Studios, Publishing and Arcades, the company develops, publishes and distributes a growing portfolio of quality VR games that offer a novel, powerful and full-featured gaming experience both in- and outside of the home.
In 2020, Vertigo Games joined the leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products, Koch Media, now PLAION (a subsidiary of the Embracer Group), adding VR gaming to the Group’s global network.
In 2021, the company announced it has five more high-end titles in the pipeline for the coming years.
To apply for this job please visit vertigo-games.jobs.personio.com.