We are Vertigo Games, the largest VR developer in the world and part of the Embracer Group, the largest group of developers in the world. As our Amsterdam studio is in full production of its most ambitious project to date, a true multi-platform high-end VR action shooter based on a global franchise, and with plans to start the next project this year, we are looking to recruit an AI Programmer who can aid us in our mission.
Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to steer implementation of engaging game features and systems for our groundbreaking VR games and experiences? Then we should meet!
- Work on the AI of our games using decisions trees within Unreal and/or any other AI systems required to create the fun and engagement that our designers are looking for.
- Work close together with our creative team to deliver features and improve workflows, functionality, and interfaces.
- Take ownership of the AI work, working closely together with the tech leads to make it fit the complete codebase and working closely together with the designers to identify the technical constraints based on their creative guidance.
- Help develop, expand, maintain, and support the AI systems, tools, and AI related gameplay elements.
- Use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations for the required animation work.
- Constantly take performance into account so the games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so.
- Analyze problems and debug them to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs.
- You have experience with real-time AI systems, such as decision trees to create challenging and engaging enemies for shooter games or similar.
- You have written several games in C++ and have a proper understanding of all the basic concepts of the language such as object vs data oriented, approach, inheritance vs composition, pointers vs references, encapsulation, data structures and their performance characteristics.
- You have created at least 1 project using the Unreal Engine, providing you with a good basic understanding on creating blueprints, optimizing code through usage of C++ and the Unreal pipeline.
- You have interest in AI technology, passion for character-based games and good knowledge on AI solutions.
- You are technical and collaborative.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- It is a clear bonus if you have already worked in VR.
- A company culture that values a healthy work-life balance.
- A hybrid working model with two office days per week.
- Career coaching and a personal development budget.
- 30% Income tax reduction for eligible expats.
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation.
- 26 standard vacation days with an option to buy 5 more.
- Free train commuting to and from the office.
- Free pension plan.
- A healthy lunch in our canteen.
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam.
- Thursday afternoon drinks.
- The latest VR hardware and titles which you can borrow and take home.
- Whilst working from home we provide all the relevant hardware, budget for a desk and chair and a contribution toward your energy costs.
Vertigo Games is a multi-platform VR entertainment company with offices in Rotterdam & Amsterdam (NL) and Los Angeles, California (USA).
With experienced teams in the areas of Studios, Publishing and Arcades, the company develops, publishes and distributes a growing portfolio of quality VR games that offer a novel, powerful and full-featured gaming experience both in- and outside of the home.
In 2020, Vertigo Games joined the leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products, Koch Media, now PLAION (a subsidiary of the Embracer Group), adding VR gaming to the Group’s global network.
In 2021, the company announced it has five more high-end titles in the pipeline for the coming years.
To apply for this job please visit vertigo-games.jobs.personio.com.