As a Material Artist, you will have a big impact on the overall look and feel of the game. You will handle a diverse range of tasks including both creation of textures and materials themselves and collaboration with Technical Artists and various stakeholders across the production. In this role, you are a skilled Material Artist, always ready for a new challenge, and have a very strong proactiveness for problem-solving within the pipeline that arises.
How you can have an impact in your position:
– Creation of high quality textures & materials using Substance Suite
– Collaborate look development with Technical Artists with developing advanced shaders, smart materials, and tileable textures
– Oversee, maintain, and build our developing material library
– Write and maintain technical documentation to support your own developments, as well as for other project wide implementations and pipelines
– Provide guidance and assistance to the Art Team as they develop and implement their work throughout the games pipelines
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE
– Minimum 3 years of commercial production experience in a similar Art role, with a portfolio of high quality materials
– Strong skills in Substance Designer
– Broad knowledge & experience with Zbrush, Photoshop and other 3D software packages
– Strong understanding of latest games art fundamentals of PBR rendering, materials, lighting, post-processing, and pipeline developments
– Great communication, self-driven organization, and time management skills with the ability to help mentor your colleagues
– Good experience working with Unreal Engine
IT’LL BE A HUGE PLUS IF YOU BRING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
– Understanding of the more technical aspects of games development
– Keen interest in playing games and game development beyond art
WHAT WE OFFER YOU?
– Permanent remote position
– Work with an experienced international team
– Flexible work-life balance
– 30 vacation days a year
To apply for this job please visit nukklear.jobs.personio.de.